Polka Dots and a Sheer Maxi

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


I know.  Another one.  I seriously can't help myself.  I still have 2 more pieces of fabric calling to me from my sewing room to make into maxis.  Although one piece will probably be a midi dress.  I have a few ideas I want to try.  Plus the fabric is super cute.

But for today I had just enough sheer Polka Dot left from my scarf I made, it needed to be done.

This time I added a piece of black lining to the pattern.
It's a little tricky to get the waistband just right since you are
using two layers, but if you baste them together before doing the
elastic in the waist, it's easy.

Since I'm using sheer, I needed two layers.
I didn't really want to try to find a long slip to fit, 
so the last time I went to SAS, I picked up a piece of black lining.

Cut two pieces according to the pattern above.
Seam the pieces into a tube.
Baste the two pieces at the waist together.

Measure the elastic to fit your waist.
Serge or zigzag the sheers to the elastic.
Hem or Roll Hem with a serger to the bottom edge.

Done.

It's a nice light flowy skirt.
Plus I love the Polka Dots!



Happy sewing!

I have some exciting things to share with my Urban Farm.  Please come back soon!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...