Ruffles and Maxies

Thursday, February 7, 2013


 I'm kind of obsessed with Maxi Skirts right now.  Well Maxi Dresses too.  So for the next few posts I will share the different one's I have made.  Since it's almost Valentines, we will start with a pink one with ruffles.  These are super easy to make.  All you need is about 2 yards of knit fabric and some elastic.  I found this super cute fabric at my last trip to SAS.  It was a total score at $2.99 a yard.  I used my serger to put the whole thing together and make the lettuce ruffle edge.


Here's the pattern I used to make the skirt.
Put right sides together and sew the back seam.
Add elastic to the waist.
I used some 2 inch wide elastic I got from SAS for $0.25/yard.  
Another huge score!
I cut another 4 strips for the ruffle at the bottom, 
2 strips per ruffle that were the total width of the fabric.

For each strip I used the rolled hem stitch on my serger
pulling both sides of the fabric as it went through the needle.
This gives it the lettuce edge.



Gather the strips using either elastic thread in the bobbin or gathering foot or basting stitch.
Pin in place along the bottom edge of the skirt.
Sew ruffles in place and you're done!




I love the texture of the fabric.
Happy Maxi Day to you!



More Maxies to come!

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...