This Week's Round up & I KNEW I should have built that ark years ago...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Remember the Robin eggs we found not too long ago?
Well it must have been a nest that was washed away in the Ohio monsoons since a rather determined mother robin has built another nest exactly where I thought one had been.
Now that the weeping cherry trees have filled out with their green coverage, her nest is much safer from the down pours.
We have had about 45 days out of 60 producing rain. I am not kidding when I say the garden looks like a beach where the tide had gone out. I can not retill being plants & seeds have already been sown and thanks to the moisture content, i have had to pull back all the black weed cloth to prevent anymore green mold growing underneath.

The rains have been so bad that our trip to the Backyard Mushroom grower has been put off for a few more weeks. The area where we would be standing is in about 1 foot of water! Although it may be entertaining to you, seeing me dog paddle through her backyard, I opted to move the visit for hopefully sunnier days.
I know they say the rains are good for the flowers & trees but with as much as we have had it looks like it is only good for drowning them...and preventing any road trip adventures. So frustrating that here we are almost to June and I have not been able to do any video destinations or projects.

The good news is that The Captain is almost done with all the posts for my garden fencing. The chicken pen has grass finally growing {well in most of the areas}.Plus I was able to swing for a new Sony Cyber shot 560 point & shoot after my 4 yr old digi dropped out of my garden basket,unbeknownst to me, and was destroyed in one of our hard rains. I'm still saving my pennies for that Nikon D3100 and am half way there. Just taking a little longer then I estimated.
Now I normally do not share much about my children's personal lives outside of our playing farmer but this time how could I not share? Little Miss Frog graduated Pre K Friday and during her graduation she was given an award. What award? For "Fashionista"! Thanks to all of her "original & colorful choice of outfits" she so often wears to school. THIS is one of my top favorites and will help give you an idea of why she was awarded "Fashionista" by her school:
The award, the above picture & her "diploma" will go into a Framed custom collage for hanging in her room. I hope she will always hold on to being independent in thought,behavior & hopefully...always remember to never fear standing out from the crowd.

The rains have really bummed me out so I best focus on getting some Mojo back to spice things up a bit. Maybe a trip to an estate sale or even a country market will get us back in touch.
Until next time...
Sweet dreams,
~Tammie

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...