Umbrella Stand & Side Table

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

As soon as I sat my Pottery Barn knock-off chaise lounges in the back yard I just knew that I had to have the Umbrella Stand Table too!!  Pottery Barn has this lil’ table listed in the catalog for $299.  Ouch!  A little rich for my blood.  Even the PB outlet price was $199. for this 20” table.

Me, I have ZERO deniro  invested for money and only 1 days worth of labor.  Yep, I am still working through the pile of pressure treated wood that once was my parents old deck.  I’m sure I have another project or two left before it’s gone.

Pottery-Barn-Side-Table-and-Umbrella-Stand

DIY-Umbrella-Holder

Remember I showed you that I had been designing my own table using Google Sketch-Up

It came to life rather well, but I will admit that if I had to redo this Umbrella Stand Table over I would have used an even number of slats for the top.  And the reason why…….  when cutting out the 2” hole for the umbrella, the center would fall between two slats instead of one like mine did.  I did have to reinforce the bottom prior to making the hole.

Inspiration-colors

I love end of the season sales!  It allows me to actually shop at places that I usually just go to window shop (like Pottery Barn and Pier 1).    However, you are faced with the added challenge finding all the items you need, as well as, mixing and matching colors. 

I showed you the navy blue PB umbrella that I pick up for a steal a few weekends back, but blue didn’t go with anything that I already had.    I need an inspiration fabric to pull all the colors together……

Can you believe that I found this perfect outdoor pillow at Home Depot? (on sale of course!) 

Stay with me for my next couple of post when I show you how the new color palette as it comes together!

CertainTeed-Shingles

A quick note of yesterday and today’s agenda~

I am finally getting my new roof from the horrible storm back in May and it couldn’t have come at a better time as I spotted some water leaks in the attic!  I was in a total panic at the thought that my newly painted second floor and foyer would be ruined Sad smile

Building-a-Pottery-Barn-UmbrellaStand-and-Side-Table

I must say one thing before I close out this post. 

Without the Kreg Jig, that my Dad bought when I was making the Chaise Lounges, this cute little stand would have screw or nail heads showing all over it.   The Kreg Jig places all the screw holes from inside, leaving you with a nice clean look on the outside.  Thanks Dad.

Carrie

Labels: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...