Taste of Orange Blossom {Almond Crusted Triggerfish}

Friday, December 30, 2011

Tonight I got to take my two girlies to be my food blogging dinner dates! You'll have to bear with my photos this time...I rely on my hubby to light up the food with his flashlight app while I snap the pics. I've found it's the best way to take food pictures in low lighting. BUT my hubby had somewhere to be tonight, so I worked with what I have. ;)
Tonight started off with my most beloved salad dressing of all time: Orange Caesar! I have to keep this in the rotation to satisfy my longing taste buds. With the three course specials, you can choose from either soup, salad, or the special salad of the day. Any way you choose, you can't lose!
The main squeeze tonight? Almond Crusted Triggerfish and Almond Prawns with Schezwan Sauce. Triggerfish is a moist, flaky white fish caught in tropical waters. It had a perfectly toasted crust of almonds. Yum, yum. I love the way Chef George doesn't just settle for one layer of flavor on anything he creates. It's not just fish, it's fish with a layer of crunchy texture, and bursting with flavor from the sauce. If you've read my blog for awhile, you KNOW my feelings on their Almond Prawns. If I could put a big red heart right here, I would, because I LOVE me some almond prawns!
It was served with Parmesan potatoes {see that giant Parmesan crisp? hello, lover!}, sauteed greens, ratatouille, and garlic bread! Seriously, without my hubby there to help me tonight, I HAD to have a box for my leftovers, it's a lot of food!
I am SO glad I tried the special dessert tonight. When I heard it was a Sweet Potato Tart topped with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream, I thought "huh? sweet potato?". THANKFULLY I know that if it's comin' out of OBJ's kitchen and it sounds a bit funny, just take the leap, it'll be worth it! If I hadn't been told that it was a sweet potato tart, I would have never known. Look, I'm no professional food critic, but I DO know when something makes your taste buds stand up and dance. The tart was warm, soft, sweet, with a hint of cinnamon, and topped with homemade bourbon vanilla? Sold! Seriously, I thought I was too full for dessert, until THIS hit my lips!

I'm so thankful for a place where you are not just cattle to be herded in and out, it really does feel good to go where everybody knows your name.

Check 'em out here!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...