Need Coffee? Here's Your Sign!

Monday, February 11, 2013

I do love me some fresh brewed coffee. Funny thing is, I have only been a coffee drinker for three years.  But when I finally started drinking it, I dove in whole heartily and haven't looked back ;).  I don't have it every day, but when I do, I like it strong (but sugared and milked up) and I like it BIG.  My love of java inspired this sign.

I joined together some pallet wood and painted it in cream.  I then printed out some words in a couple different fonts.  I used the pencil transfer method, which means I scribble pencil all over the back.
I then tape the words in place and trace over the letters with a ball point pen. They leave a faint outline on the wood.
I hand paint from there. They are not perfect, but that is okay.  I am trying to recreate a vintage, hand-lettered sign.


A little sanding and light stain finished the look. Hope you get to enjoy a fresh brewed cup soon!

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...